Monday, October 12, 2009

Snake Handling

I caught this "little" fellow while I was going to dump food scraps in the woods behind our house. He was in the back yard. True to form, Micah touches the beast right away. Josiah hesitated greatly: "I wish that was a toy snake." But he finally touched it.



I tried to let the snake go, but he turned and headed right for the house. So, I had to catch him again and throw him further into the yard. When my foot came down on his head (to pin him down), I felt my heart soar a little: "The God of peace will soon crush Satan underneath your feet" (Romans 16:19) because the Seed of the Woman has already crushed him for us. You lose, Serpent!


2 comments:

Blah said...

Funny thing... I usually can't look at a snake(s) without thinking something similar too! Praise God!

BTW, I couldn't get the videos to work.

I hope all is well w/your family. Happy Thursday!

NET Ireland said...

wow thats great!! My little man liked watching your little guys w/ the snake!! :-) He's never seen one before ( ireland has none) but maybe now we are in canada we will find one or two!! :-) God bless your beautiful family!! I love rea+dying your posts!!
love,
cameron